"I am feeling very lucky, it is if you have rummaged in my head, re-ordered what
you found and put down my vision in a very succinct and accessible way."
Who are you?
You are a creative professional at any all stage of your career.
Perhaps you are stuck at some point in your creative life. Or you have too many ideas and don’t know what/how to focus. Or you can’t see further than your current circumstances, or have only thought in general terms of ‘being an artist/writer/creative’.
Perhaps you know what you want to do, but not sure how to move forward. Or you have found clarity and got a great start on your project, full of enthusiasm and fine intentions. Then life gets in the way, your plans take second place, then fall off the to do list. Or doubts set in and your inner critic tries to sabotage you.
The two things that all my clients have in common are that they know something needs to change in their creative life, even if they aren't sure what or how, and they are all committed to hard work and taking the actions to make that change happen.
What could you work on?
Maybe you want to …
- find your long term vision - create your big picture and identify the next small steps on the journey of transformation
- take a project from idea to action - you’ve got the brilliant idea, now plan how you can move it forward
- successfully manage multiple projects and ideas
- overcome the perceived blocks - you know what you want to do, so what is stopping you? Lack of time or skills, unhelpful attitudes, your own inner critic?
- create an exit strategy - get you out of where you are now to where you want to be
- become more businesslike in your practice - discover that the skills and imagination which feed your creative work can also be used to be successful in other areas of your professional life
- work through the confusion, gain clarity and find out what you really want to do
- play a bigger game, but haven't had the courage to say it out loud... yet.
Creatives like you have, for example, written their debut novel; set 5 year creative practice goals (and achieved 80% of them within 2 years); created meaningful post-retirement careers; developed their hobby into a key income strand; turned small creative ideas into large scale projects; redesigned their creative businesses; changed careers.
What are the benefits of coaching for you?
Coaching is a partnership and what you get out of it will depend to a large degree on what you put in. What many clients see as the main benefits are:
- working with someone who is committed to your creativity and success
- time to focus exclusively on your issues – you get 100% attention
- time and space to think
- ongoing accountability over a series of sessions to make sure that you stay on track and focussed.
- a focus on solutions and successes, not on problems
- a feeling of being both supported and sometimes challenged
- retaining control – putting your future back into your own hands.
What can you expect when working with me?
Coaching is about working with you to facilitate change. It is non-directive to help draw out your ideas and actions relevant to your situation. (As Nancy Klein says in her book 'Time to Think', "Usually the brain that contains the problem also contains the solutions - often the best one.") It is a non-judgemental and objective process that lets you take control, identify and work effectively towards your goals. With the help of a coach, you can often achieve these goals (which you can often find become bigger than expected) with far less effort and time than you ever would have done alone.
Coaching is not a quick fix; it takes the longer term view and builds in the steps to get you there. A key element of coaching is the ongoing accountability over several sessions to make sure that you stay motivated and on track. Also, learning and insights are as likely to emerge between coaching sessions and opportunities often arise that you could never have imagined and the coaching process helps you build on these.
My role as your coach is to be a facilitator, catalyst and motivator. I am your cheer leader and accountability partner, committed to you and what you want to achieve. I will always be working with you to be the best you can be. This is not about paying for hour long sessions, but investing in a support system.
How do we know if we are a good fit?
If you are serious about making a change in your life, contact me by email or phone for an exploratory conversation. This is a chance for you to find out more about coaching and if I am the right person for you. Coaching needs you to be willing to commit your time and energy to the process and take actions to fulfil your goals. If we both feel it is a good fit, we book in a first session to start to work on your challenges and goals.
This session can be stand alone or the first of a 3 or 6 session coaching package. You can decide this at the end of the first session. At each subsequent session, we will review what has happened, how you want to move forward and agree your goals and actions to work on between sessions. Sessions are held in central London or via Skype.
What do you do next?
Have there been any tangible results which came out of the sessions?
"Definitely! More clients direct from website therefore more income!"
"I'm now £3,000 up on this time last year! Yipee!! It's just over a year since we started our plan -
it looks like it worked.......thank you so much - our sessions have really paid off!"